It’s time for your family of movies to get a little bit bigger. The latest installment in The Fast Saga, “Fast X” is making its way home on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and Digital, and it’s coming in hot with over an hour of bonus features.
Since the franchise first began in 2001, we’ve seen Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) and his crew graduate from boosting DVD players on the streets of Los Angeles to flirting with the edges of outer space – and everything in between. In the newest epic adventure, the “Fast” family throws it back to 2011’s “Fast 5” with a bit of revisionists history. In the midst of the massive heist in the film’s final act, “Fast X” rewrites the story to introduce Dante Reyes (Jason Momoa), the vengeful son of “Fast 5’s” villain and the new big bad in the latest film.
While Momoa proves to be one of the best – and most insanely ridiculous – villains in the franchise, “Fast X” places more emphasis on the increasingly absurd and delightful stunts rather than the “Fast” family that has helped keep these wild movies grounded. Check out our full review of the film below.
Now, the home releases has arrived with eight behind the scenes featurettes, a gag reel, two music videos, and full feature commentary with director Louis Leterrier.
The highlight of the home release bonus features is a 35-minute featurette called “This Is Family,” which features a behind the scenes look at the cast of the latest “Fast” installment, as well as a look ahead at the epic conclusion of the saga.
Let’s take a look at everything the home release has to offer.
Special Features on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and Digital
- THIS IS FAMILY – Family bonds are always the strongest. Reunite with your favorite “FAST” family members as we introduce new characters, travel across continents, reveal intimate views of epic stunts, and get personal about the beginning of the end of the “FAST” franchise.
- FAST BREAKS: SCENE BREAKDOWNS WITH LOUIS LETERRIER* – Director Louis Leterrier gives insight into some of the magic that went into making “FAST X,” breaking down how he filmed these unforgettable action scenes in legendary locations around the world.
- XTREME RIDES OF “FAST X” – In “FAST,” we cast cars like we cast characters. Take a closer look at how classic “FAST” cars were rebuilt for “FAST X,” and which new vehicles are customized and introduced to enhance the lifeblood of the franchise.
- BELLES OF THE BRAWL – The women of “FAST X” are not to be messed with. Watch as they add their special talents to huge fight scenes, from rehearsal to the real thing.
- TUNED INTO RIO – Revisit “FAST’s” past as our story takes us back to Rio de Janeiro, where we’ll experience a non-stop party, exotic cars, and a classic “FAST” quarter mile street race.
- JASON MOMOA: CONQUERING ROME* – Jason Momoa joins the “FAST” franchise to portray a villain that pushes the team to the brink of disaster. Watch as Momoa discusses his approach to the character, biking down the narrow streets of Rome, and performing his own stunts.
- LITTLE B TAKES THE WHEEL – Get to know the youngest member of the Toretto family as we dive into Little B’s journey in “FAST X” and introduce Leo Abelo Perry.
- A FRIEND IN THE END – The “FAST” franchise has a history of shocking end-credit tags, and “FAST X” is no different. We take a special look at this scene and why, if you’re watching a “FAST” movie, you never want to get up before the end credits are finished!
- GAG REEL*
- MUSIC VIDEOS
- “TORETTO” BY J BALVIN
- “ANGEL PT. 1” BY KODAK BLACK & NLE CHOPPA (FEATURING JIMIN OF BTS, JVKE & MUNI LONG)
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR LOUIS LETERRIER*
“Fast X” releases on Digital August 1, and 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray August 8.
Zach Goins is a member of the North Carolina Film Critics Association based in Raleigh, N.C. Zach co-founded Inside The Film Room in 2018 and serves as Editor-in-Chief of the website and co-host of the podcast. Zach also serves as a film critic for CLTure.org.