As if the John Hughes 5-Movie Collection wasn’t enough to celebrate the 35th anniversary of one of the director’s most memorable films, a new limited-edition Steelbook Blu-ray of “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” is here to mark the occasion, too.
Paramount Home Entertainment is pulling out all the stops in memory of the best day off ever, and the arrival of this standalone release is perfect for fans who weren’t ready to pull the trigger on all five films in the February release.
The home release comes with all the same Bueller-centric bonus features as the last edition, but we’ll break them down for you all over again.
Special Features on Limited-Edition Steelbook Blu-ray:
- Getting the Class Together: The Cast of “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” – Sit down with the film’s casting directors and stars for a 30-minute chat breaking down all of the characters and how they decided who to cast.
- The Making of “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” – Go behind the scenes and learn how Hughes came up with the idea for “Ferris Bueller” with interviews with the cast and crew.
- Who is Ferris Bueller? – Ferris Bueller has become a legendary name in pop culture, and for good reason. Hughes breaks down how he came up with the iconic character.
- The World According to Ben Stein – Get to know one of “Ferris Bueller’s” most recognizable stars: Ben Stein. He may not have had a starring role, but Stein’s “Bueller… Bueller… Bueller?” has become one of the most quotable lines in film history, and the actor himself has lived a fascinating life.
- Vintage Ferris Bueller: The Lost Tapes – It’s a blast from the past as the film’s stars interview one another on set in this 10-minute featurette.
- Class Album – Photos from the film.
Zach Goins is a member of the North Carolina Film Critics Association based in Raleigh, N.C. Zach co-founded Inside The Film Room in 2018 and serves as Editor-in-Chief of the website and co-host of the podcast. Zach also serves as a film critic for CLTure.org.