On the heels of the massive success of “Zack Snyder’s Justice League,” DC Comics are back in the spotlight as “Wonder Woman 1984” heads home on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital.
While the “Wonder Woman” sequel may not have been as highly praised as the long-awaited Snyder Cut, Gal Gadot’s iconic hero still delivered plenty of excitement, alongside returning co-star Chris Pine and newcomers to the franchise in Kristen Wiig and Pedro Pascal. After the franchise kicked things off in the gloomy days of World War I, director Patty Jenkins trades in the dreary grays of war-torn Europe for the neon lights of America in the 1980s.
After living a relatively quiet life amongst mortals for nearly seven decades, Diana Prince (Gadot) must once again step up to save the world. This time, her nemesis come in the form of excess. On one side, there’s businessman Maxwell Lord (Pascal), bound to stop at nothing to become the most powerful man in the other, while Barbara Minerva (Wiig), aka Cheetah, simply wants to be more confident, like Diana. With the help of her long-lost lover, Steve Trevor (Pine), only Wonder Woman can save the world… again.
The home release on “Wonder Woman 1984” is here, and it comes loaded with bonus features. Let’s take a look.
Special Features on 4K UHD + Blu-ray Disc
- The Making of Wonder Woman 1984: Expanding the Wonder – This 30-minute featurette takes viewers behind the scenes of the film, with exclusive interviews with the cast and crew, as well as never-before-seen footage.
- Gal & Kristen: Friends Forever – Before Barbara goes all-out supervillain, she and Diana had an instant connection – just like Gadot and Wiig in real life. Find out more about the characters and actors special bond.
- Small But Mighty – This featurette takes a look at young actress Lilly Aspell, the star who plays young Diana in the films opening sequence.
- Scene Study: The Open Road and The Mall – Dive deep into two of the film’s biggest set pieces: the highway showdown in the Middle East, and Wonder Woman’s rescue at the mall.
- Gal & Krissy Having Fun – Speaking of that bond between Gadot and Wiig, enjoy a 72-second song of the two singing and goofing off.
- Meet the Amazons – In case you missed the 21-minute panel at August’s DC FanDome, dive deep into the lore of the Amazons that is explored in “1984.”
- Black Gold Infomercial – Life is good, but it can be better. Take it from Pascal’s Maxwell Lord in his charismatic 80s-style infomercial.
- Gag Reel – A classic blooper reel showing off all the behind the scenes goofs from filming.
- Wonder Woman 1984 Retro Remix – Experience a new trailer for “Wonder Woman 1984” as if it had actually hit theaters back in, well, 1984.
Zach Goins is a member of the North Carolina Film Critics Association based in Charlotte, N.C. Zach co-founded Inside The Film Room in 2018 and serves as Editor-in-Chief of the website and co-host of the podcast. Zach also serves as a film critic for CLTure.org.